Pat had been big forever—so big that he could gain 100 pounds in a little over a year and not even notice a difference. But then he turned his life around, one literal step at a time. On the verge of his first-ever competition, the star of Bodybuilding.com’s popular YouTube series joins us to get real about life-changing transformations.
- How Pat got up to 600… and gained 100 lbs in a year and a half without noticing
- What it’s like seeing himself in people online every day
- What pushed him to finally make it happen
- His plan: Walking to get every meal, every day
- “Do I get the egg whites or do I get the 100 chicken nuggets?”
- What 100 pounds lighter felt and looked like
- Why trainers didn’t work for him
- “Losing weight wasn’t hard. Prep is hard.”
- What he’d say to anyone else thinking of hitting the stage after serious weight loss
- The “selfish” question: Is it worth it to be away from your kids for training if it means you’ll get to live longer?
- The dark side of skin removal surgery
What if he doesn’t win?