Get big traps by applying these FST-7 training concepts from Hany Rambod & Jeremy Buendia’s FST-7 to your next shoulder workout.
- Supersets aren’t necessary with traps. Just get on a machine or grab a pair of dumbbells and go to town.
- If you’re trying to build your lower traps, tilt slightly forward. Lower traps give you more depth right above the rhomboid to bring out those back details in 3-D.
- Do not roll your shoulders forward, as this puts more strain on your rotator cuff and your AC joint. Go straight up and straight down, squeezing for up to 5 seconds at the top on the last few reps.
- Traps can grow with both weight and repetition, so there’s no need to overload this muscle group. Try not to go too heavy—Rambod recommends keeping it in the 10-15 rep range. Rather than adding weight, increase intensity by pausing 1-2 seconds at the top on the last 3 reps.
- On your final set, complete 5 partial reps at the end to pump every bit of blood into the muscles before the final flex.
- To pose the traps, hit the crab most muscular. This pose flexes the upper traps as it stretches the lower traps. Holding it for 5-10 seconds increases the already massive pump in your traps.
Hany Rambod & Jeremy Buendia’s Recommended Supplements
- L-Carnitine Powder To Support Fat Loss!*
- Designed To Help Support Fat Conversion Into Energy!*
Evogen IsoJect Protein
- Whey Protein Isolate Powder to Support Muscle Growth*
- Designed to Support Workout Performance and Muscle Growth*
- BCAA Powder to Promote Muscle Recovery
- The Ultimate Clean BCAA Recovery Supporter!*