Julian Smith aka The Quad Guy has built some incredible quads. Here is some bodybuilding motivation for your next leg day!
With a nickname like “The Quad Guy,” Bodybuilding.com athlete Julian Smith has a lot to live up to when it comes to leg workouts.
This master of slow, controlled lifts and old-school bodybuilding techniques understands that, when it comes to legs, it’s all about quality over quantity—and his workout does not disappoint.
“The key is slowing things down,” says Smith. “Working on keeping good form and making sure the muscles are getting everything out of each rep.”
From old-school sissy squats to muscle-isolating contraction exercises, Smith has the completely balanced leg workout you can take to any gym.
The Quad Guy’s Leg Workout
- Weighted Sissy Squat – 4 sets, failure reps
- Narrow Stance Squats – 4 sets, 8 reps
- Leg Extensions – Note: 10 sec. hold each rep – 4 sets, 4 reps
- Seated Quad Contraction – 4 sets, 4 reps
- Hack Squat – 4 sets, 12 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift – 4 sets, 12 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Leg Curl – 4 sets, 8 reps
- Hamstring Contraction – 4 sets, 4 reps
- Good Morning – 4 sets, 8 reps