You’re 1/4 of the way done with the trainer. By now, you should be seeing the benefits of your hard work. If you are or if you’re not, you know what to do!
The beginning of Week 3 is upon us already—can you believe it? This means it’s weigh-in day again. I’m down from 222 pounds to 217.8 pounds. That’s a solid drop in weight, and I’ve also built quality muscle. I can see in the mirror that my body is evolving before my eyes. You should be seeing similar changes to your physique. When you’re weighing in, always be sure to use the same scale on the same surface so that there’s no variable. Scale weight isn’t the only indicator of progress, but it’s always good to know where you stand.
Today, we have a special guest training with us: CEO of GASP clothing and a very good friend of mine, Michael Johansson. It’s that time again for legs, calves, and lower abs.
- Morning Cardio – 30 Minutes
- Leg Extensions 1 set of 25/25, followed by a 5-step, 10-rep pyramid. First set is a dropset. Perform 25 reps, then immediately reduce the weight and complete another 25 reps. Rest 60 sec., then star the pyramid: perform the first 10 reps using a weight that is light, then immediately increase the weight and complete another 10 reps. Continue increasing the weight every 10 reps until you’ve completed a total of 50 reps.
- Superset – Landmine Squat – 3 sets of 25 reps, no rest w. Hex bar deadlift – 3 sets of 25 reps, rest as little as possible
- Bulgarian Split Squat – 3 sets of 20 reps per leg. For first 10 reps, pause momentarily at both the bottom and top of the movement. Then immediately perform 10 faster reps, then finish with a 10-second hold at the bottom of the last rep. Rest 60 sec.
- Smith Machine Front Squat – 3 sets of 20 reps, rest 90 sec.
- Seated calf raise – 5 sets of 30 reps, rest 60 sec.
- Circuit – 3 rounds, rest 60 sec. between rounds – Captain’s chair leg raise – 20 reps w. Medicine ball pass – to failure, passing ball back-and-forth between hands and feet w. Cross-body mountain climbers – to failure, touching knee to opposite site elbow with each rep
- Evening Cardio – 30 minutes